In a few sentences, please respond to each of the following questions. Up to 10 points can be earned for a completed assignment, with partial credit available for incomplete responses.
- Define the term personality
- Identify and describe the following components of the Psychodynamic theory of personality development: id, ego, superego along with the conscious, preconscious and unconscious levels of awareness
- Describe the contributions made to the humanistic theory about self-actualization and the self-concept, including the significance of unconditional positive regard
- Describe the contributions that Bandura and Rotter have made to the Social Learning perspective regarding self-efficacy and locus of control
- Identify and describe the big 5 trait theory and how it is used for assessing personality. Provide several examples of traits for each
- Distinguish between objective and projective assessments of personality and give two examples of each type of assessment and how it is used
- Discuss the significance of self-awareness and self esteem. Do you believe these impact our temperament? Support your response