Complete Text Page 313 Practice Exercise 9: Improvement Case Study
Complete your work using a word processor and save it in pdf file format.
Present your work with question #, statement, and answer.
- When members were recruited for the improvement project, they were clearly told that the team’s work would be additional to their regular work responsibilities but that they had to treat it as a high priority. They were expected to complete team assignments on time and were required to attend meetings. Despite being aware of these clear expectations, by the third week of the project, team members started arriving late to meetings, making excuses for not having completed their assigned tasks, and neglecting to return the leader’s phone calls.
If you were the team leader of the group described in the above case study, how would you refocus and remotivate the team toward the improvement goal? Give a complete analysis and provide a complete answer to the case analysis.
1. Analyze and answer the case completely and thoroughly.
- 2. Complete your work using a word processor and save your work in pdf file format.
3. Upload your work via attachment.
MyHealthcare manufactures and sells blood pressure measurement and control products. Last year the company began selling its products online. Online sales have exceeded the company’s expectations, and management is now considering strategies to increase sales even further. To learn more about the online customers, a sample of 50 transactions was selected from the previous month’s sales. Data for these transactions include the day of the week each transaction was made, the time each customer spent on the website, and the amount of money each customer spent. MyHealthcare would like to gain a general understanding of customers’ buying patterns. The company uses the sample data to determine if online customers who spend more time also spend more money during their visits to the website. The company would also like to investigate the effect that day of the week has on sales.
1. The following table shows the frequency and the average dollar amount spent per transaction for each day of the week. What observations/interpretations can you make about MyHealthcare’s business based on the day of the week?
2. Using the information derived from the scatter plot and correlation coefficient (0.71), explore the relationship between the time spent on the website and the dollar amount spent. Discuss and interpret your results.