In 500-750-words, students will select one “research disaster” (from the list provided or a preapproved topic) and address the following:
- Background on the disaster, including what occurred, when, and the demographic characteristics of those affected
- What the consequences were, including how the demographics of those involved placed them at risk
- What the ethical/legal issues involved in this particular disaster were
- What modern-day research ethics practices and/or procedures were informed by this event(s).
Use two to three resources to conduct research.
- Nazi Experiments
- The Tuskegee Syphilis Study
- Thalidomide Experiments
- Death of Jessi Gelisinger (Gene Therapy Experiment)
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. Include a properly formatted reference page and in-text citations.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWriteTechnical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies: 3.7 Explain how social, political, economic, and cultural information is used ethically and legally in the discipline of psychology.