Written case analysis #1
The assignment is to analyze the “Adolph Coors in the Brewing Industry” case that is included in your case packet. The following questions should be answered as convincingly as possible in your analysis:
- Why did Coors’s competitive position in the U.S. brewing industry deteriorate between the mid-1970s and the mid-1980s?
- What must Coors do to improve its future prospects?
The due date is Wednesday, March 11 (for the MW classes) and Thursday, March 12 (for the TTh class). The assignment is due using all three of the following mechanisms; everyone must turn in the assignment all three ways:
1. as a paper copy at the beginning of class on the due date.
2. as an email attachment to me at email@example.com as one single file.
3. via the Canvas page for this class
Submit a paper that is a maximum of three pages of text, single-sided, no less than 11-point font, double-spaced, with one-inch margins all around, plus any pages of exhibits.
You should create at least one diagram or exhibit that helps enlighten or support your answers, and include it in your report. Any exhibits/diagrams can be attached BEYOND the basic three-page text portion of your report, and exhibits/diagrams also can ignore the rest of the formatting requirements that otherwise apply to the three-page text portion.
The only materials you may use in completing your report are: (a) your textbook, (b) the Coors case study that is part of your case packet for this class, and (c) any notes you have taken in this class. NO OTHER OUTSIDE MATERIALS CAN BE USED.