address your chosen issue, risk factors, impact, community need, program, and stakeholder involvement. These aspects compose the Public Health Issue portion of the final project. As you complete this milestone, consider the following questions:
Did you describe the public health issue that you selected, basing your description on principles of community health education?
Did you describe the risk factors for the issue? For example, is there a population that is more likely to face this issue? Or are there behaviors that typically lead to the issue? Your response should be based on principles of community health education.
- Did you discuss how the issue impacts the community? For instance, does the issue affect public safety in the community? Does the issue affect the local tax rate? Your response should be based on principles of community health education.
- Did you explain why the issue is a need in the community? In other words, why should this issue be addressed? Support your explanation with relevant data and research.
- Did you illustrate, concisely and broadly, how this issue could be addressed in the community? In other words, provide a brief, broad description of a community health education program that could be developed to address the issue. For example, you might develop a nutrition program to educate the community on making healthier diet choices.
- Did you address how the stakeholders you are presenting to will be involved in addressing the issue? For instance, you might ask grocery store owners to donate healthy snacks to an afterschool program, or you might ask the community center director to provide meeting space for a support group.
- The topic will be Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms