Review the assigned case study on Alison Barnard and
answer the questions. In responding to these questions,
simple one-sentence answers will not suffice. You must answer the
questions in a substantive manner, with specific details from the case,
readings, and lessons to help support your work. Each question requires
at least two, if not three, paragraphs of response (some may require a
graph or other supporting documents).
1. Is this business scalable? Discuss the limitations and challenges.
2. What tasks and goals should Alison be focusing on at this stage of her venture?
3. Discuss the signing of a lease prior to having the money. What was the risk?
4. Discuss her fund-raising and valuation. If you were an equity investor, what return expectations would you have?
5. If women are coming to Alison’s store from all over, how important is location? Discuss the implications for growth.