For your final written assignment you will prepare a proposal. This proposal will be approximately 10-12 pages. Please follow APA style (6th edition).
Part I: Background
- Determine the area/field or potential problem for your group:
- Conduct a literature review.
- Determine one of the specialization areas (e.g., task, psychoeducation, counseling or therapy). Align the specialization area with the potential problem, which will now be your topic.
- Specify the form and the content of at least six group sessions and an objective for each group meeting.
Part II: Group Logistics
- Describe the duration of your group with justification to cover the main topic and allow for change.
- Define the number of participants with a rationale for who to include and who to exclude. List criteria such as gender, cognitive ability, maturity, duration of issue, frequency of issue, intensity of issue, acceptance and/or completion of issue.
- Describe anticipated changes as a result of membersâ€™ participation.
- Identify potential obstacles in your topic area.
- Explain how you would address individual goals and goals of the group as a whole (e.g., coaching, role play, support for and opportunity to transfer learning to real life)?
Part III: Group Leadership, Theory, and Techniques
- Identify your theoretical orientation and any special considerations for the group.
- What are your personal leadership qualities? What are some of your weaknesses?
- Explain if this group will be facilitated only by you, or if you will use a co-leader and why.
- What are some strengths of the theory from which you will work and benefits for group members? What are some limitations?
- How might you evaluate the group at the closing? Will you have follow-up? Why or why not?
Be sure to cite sources in APA 6th edition (2010) style guidelines and include a reference list at the conclusion of your paper. You must use at least 5 scholarly, peer reviewed journal articles and one relevant website.