Literary Analysis ENC 1102
You will perform a literary analysis of a childrenâ€™s book, demonstrating your understanding of genre, audience, purpose, and literary analysis.
Book: Firebird by Misty Copeland (You can find it on youtube)
Task: Choose an award winning (Firebird by Misty Copeland) childrenâ€™s book and do a podcast or video reading of it as you imagine the author might read it to the intended audience. Read the story expressively to help children engage in the story and think about it. (This is my part, you don’t need to worry about it)
Give a brief commentary (3 paragraphs) about several of its important features; you may discuss the artwork used as part of these features.
You must also submit a properly formatted MLA citation of your chosen book, either with the written commentary or as a separate page.
- All readings must include:
- A demonstration that you understand the concepts of genre, audience, purpose and literary analysis, as given in the chapter and on the rubric.
- A polished, clear video or audio recording, with high sound quality.
- An introduction of the book where you clearly state the title and author.
- Any material written by you should be revised and edited for clarity, content, grammar, and mechanics.