The market for young people’s food products has increased considerably in recent years. As a result, children have become high-potential customers and are now the focus of intense and specialized marketing and advertising efforts.
Children and adolescents have become attractive consumers and influencers: they have an increasing influence on their family’s purchases. Children represent an important target audience for marketers because they have their own purchasing power, influence their parents’ purchasing decisions, and are the consumers of tomorrow. Advertisers have an interest in seducing them from an early age. Thus, to be sure to attract young people, companies opt for a combination of different approaches and channels such as television advertising, contests and games, toys, the use of popular characters, the use of various attractive colors, school marketing, Internet and branded products etc.
Food and beverages products that target children have increased and these products are dominated by foods that are high in calories, sugars, salt, fat, low in nutrients and therefore not compatible with national dietary recommendations.
Mr. Fahmy has already a business in the food sector and wants to open a new subsidiary specializing in natural and organic products for children. The goal is to provide healthy, nutritious food and use healthier ingredients.
1. Help Mr. Fahmy define his overall goals, objectives and strategies for his new business in the context of his mission and purpose.
2. Briefly describe the choices that Mr. Fahmy can make for each of the 4 Ps of the marketing mix.
3. Identify the target market and describe how Mr. Fahmy’s activities will respond better than the competition to the needs of the consumer. (List consumer expectations for the product)
4. Describe the type of promotional methods that you recommend to Mr. Fahmy for the promotion of his product line. (Identify techniques such as word of mouth, personal sales, direct marketing, sales promotion, etc., on television, radio, social media, and newspapers).
5. Why is it important for a media planner to consider how different types of media could work together on a media plan?
Assignment Regulations :
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.