In the process of selling, there are several steps the salesperson must take before he or she closes. The first step, of course, is qualifying through effective communication. Rob Lindey, Sales Manager for Shield Corp., has identiﬁed new-prospect leads by mailing information to businesses in the area, with a mail-back card and an email address enclosed, for those interested in learning more about the programs Shield offers. To Rob’s surprise, 79 requests for more information were received within the ten days following the mailing.
- Discuss the steps necessary for Rob to qualify the leads.
- Discuss how Rob should respond to or follow-up on the leads.
Your initial/main post should be posted by Thursday. You should include at least two substantive posts to classmates by Sunday.
- Respond to two or more of your classmate’s postings in any of the following ways:
- Build on something your classmate said.
- Explain why and how you see things differently.
- Ask a probing or clarifying question.
- Share an insight from having read your classmate’s posting.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Expand on your classmate’s posting.
Refer to the discussion grading rubric for more information on expectations of class discussions.
Important Note: This must be written in a mans perspective.