Organizations periodically need to create a new position. The need for this new position might be due to:
- Changes in the market/industry
- Creating an internal position for work that had previously been outsourced
- Organizational growth that necessitates the addition of a new specialty or managerial position
serve as the Human Resource Manager for an auto insurance company
called Premium Auto Insurance. Up until this point, the Claims
Department has consisted of a small number of Claims Representatives who
reported directly to the Finance Director.
Claims volume has
recently jumped, resulting in the hiring of more Claims Representatives.
You, as the Human Resource Manager, feel that a new position of Claims
Supervisor is needed in order to manage the expanding claims operation.
have decided to develop a proposal that you will submit to the CEO
recommending the creation of this new position and providing the
Conduct academic research using the library’s databases, like Business Source Complete via EBSCO and Business via ProQuest, as well as reliable webpages and in a minimum of 2 pages, create a proposal. In your proposal, include the following:
- A description of the new position you will be creating with a list of the main responsibilities of the position.
- Explain how this new position could benefit the company in at least three ways.
- Describe how this position will work collaboratively with other positions in the company.
that this is a proposal. Make sure to format your paper properly for
your proposal. A proposal is a persuasive document, so make sure to use
proper language and tone. Remember, you are the HR Manager and you are
writing to the CEO so use a tone in your proposal that is specific to
your audience (the CEO).
- Include an APA formatted title page and reference page with at least 2 credible sources. Make sure to include APA in-text citations for any information used from outside sources.