For this project, you will select and critique a nursing theory of your choice.
The following are some conceptual models and theories you may choose from; however, you may choose any nurse theorist:
Steps to follow to do your critique (analysis and evaluation):
- Begin researching:
- You can visit the Fitne website to watch videos about the above mentioned theorist.
- You can use the Internet to find a journal or articles that provides an analysis and critique of a theory of nursing as a resource to start working with your own critique.
- Choose your theorist by logging into Fitne entering the following information:
- Username: medical center campus
- Password: medical
- Under the Nurse Theorists: Portraits of Excellence (Volume I) link select the theorist of your choice
- On the left navigation area select a topic to view
- Your critique paper must address the five (5) topics as shown in the Nursing Critique Rubric (MP3) Nursing Critique Rubric (MP3) – Alternative Formats .
- Be typed according to the APA style
- Utilize the Library resources.
- You will select the link “Library Resources” found under the “NUR3846 – Library” tab (located on left-side of screen) to do your research and complete your literature review of the model/theory you selected.
- You may physically visit the library in person as well, and ask for help from the library staff.
- Write an original paper about some conceptual model, theory or theorist.