Outline topic: HIV Epidemiology
Always use the assignment instructions as your outline or skeleton.
- A synopsis of the article (Introduction/Methods/Results/Discussion)
- Introduction (You never actually use this heading; it is understood that it is the introduction or thesis and background.)
The following questions should be answered during the presentation. Just briefly plug these responses under the appropriate heading/subheading.
- Why did the scientists perform the study (i.e., a brief description of background)?
- Specify any possible connection between the exposure and the disease.
- What were the major techniques used in the study?
- What were the major results, did they support or negate the hypothesis, and do they point to further/future studies?
- Why did you choose this particular article to review?
- Was it interesting, informative, clearly written, or none of the above?
- All credit will be given for your honest opinions.
- A discussion of the article’s strengths and limitations.