Scope Statement Essential Components
For this assignment, you will develop a scope statement that will be used to define the project requirements and exclusions. The scope statement should include the following elements:
- Executive Summary â€“ 2-3 paragraph summary of the business needs and key features of the project.
- Business Requirements â€“ The specific statement(s) that describe the business problem to be solved.
- Solution Requirements â€“ A list of all relevant technical, project and regulatory requirements that effectively solve the projectâ€™s business objectives. Solution requirements must be classified by priority.
- Exclusions (Out of Scope) â€“ Items that will not be addressed by the project.
- Key Project Features â€“ In this section, identify any conditions that limit project planning. Constraints of the project such as â€œmust have â€œmilestones, constrained due dates, events or budgetary restrictions.
- Assumptions & Risks â€“ Identified risks and/or assumptions from the business case and project charter.
- Approvals â€“ Space for key stakeholders to formally review approve all sections of the scope statement content. (Note: Best practice is that the Project Sponsor reviews and approves key project management documents).
The assignment should use business style writing. Do not assume the audience has read the project case.
Below are some key guidelines you will want to ensure you follow in creating this assignment.
Think of this short list as a quality control checklist, along with the attached grading rubric.
- Project Scope Statement template must be complete, pls submit in Ms Word (.doc, .docx) or .pdf formats
- You should format the documents professionally
- Please ensure that you remove all instructions (italicized) and any examples provided within the template
Please be sure to review the attached rubric. It along with these assignment instructions will ensure you have a solid understanding of the assignment requirements.
Double line spacing between paragraphs but 1.5 spacing within the paragraph,
– 12-point Times Roman,
– 1-inch margins.
– Please use footnotes or endnotes and citations,
– 12-14-point font, bold headings and subheadings.
– Please adhere to APA conventions.