A retrospective is a compilation of representative examples of work from a major part of personâ€™s life, this assignment provides the opportunity for you to look back over the milestone moments in your program and share significant events and learning which have contributed to your professional growth and practice.
Using the program outcomes as a framework, compose a Program Outcomes Retrospective Paper explaining how you have mastered each program outcome and how this experience has contributed to your overall lifeâ€™s work. For each program outcome, use the capstone artifacts to provide concrete examples of these milestone moments in a well-developed, clear, and thorough rationale paragraph.
*Please craft at least one paragraph for each program outcome to address these questions.
Please subtitle the paragraph with the program outcome title.
- In what ways do your artifacts support mastery of the program outcome?
- How do your artifacts provide evidence of competency in this area?
- Are any gaps evident?
Consider the following questions when addressing the conclusion to your paper:
- How have you grown or developed during your enrollment in this program?
- How has this program helped you in your personal growth?
- How will your competency in the program outcome enhance your professional work?
A template for the Program Outcomes Retrospective Paper has been provided for you in Student Commons in the Capstone Experience Resources.
APA and Writing Checklist
- Title page (running header, title, authorâ€™s name, authorâ€™s institution)
- Running header on each page. The title page differs from the title page running header
- Title on first written page
- Introduction paragraph
- Use headings
- Conclusion paragraph
- References with doi# or url
Length: The double-spaced paper should be 8-10 pages in length.
- Compose the paper in a Word document.
- Leave a one-inch margin at the top, bottom, left, and right.
- Use 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font.
- Organize your paper with APA (6th edition) headings and sub-headings.
- References: Follow APA (6th edition) format.
Design and implement appropriate curriculum and instructional practices to promote growth and development across physical, cognitive, social, and emotional domains of development.
ï‚¨ Key Assessment: EC5423 Module 2
Employ program specific standards to develop curriculum to meet individual developmental needs of children in specific content areas.
ï‚¨ Key Assessment: EC5433 Module 1
Develop a working knowledge of developmental theory, standards, frameworks, and concepts in relation to classroom practices.
ï‚¨ Key Assessment: EC5403 Module 3
Establish a developmentally appropriate learning environment by incorporating evidenced-based instructional practices and resources, materials, and technology and through the influence of intellectual processes and social interaction to meet diverse learning needs of young children.
ï‚¨ Key Assessment: EC5413 Module 1
ï‚¨ Key Assessment: EC5443 Module 1
Construct a framework for establishing and maintaining communicative, collaborative partnerships between the school, family, and community by advocating a consistent learning environment for young children. AO IV
ï‚¨ Key Assessment: ED5403 Module 5
Conduct research to heighten understanding of issues facing young children and early childhood programs and their academic and social needs by collecting, analyzing, and evaluating instructional practices and current data within local communities, national, and international settings.
ï‚¨ Key Assessment: RES5313 Module 3
Support continuous learning while fostering leadership skills through intentionally designed opportunities to engage in professional development.
ï‚¨ Key Assessment: EC5413 Module 5