Chapter 1 Case Study – The Department of Homeland Security
- How does the creation of the Department of Homeland Security affect resources traditionally designated for local criminal justice organizations?
- Are there too few resources to fight both terrorists and traditional criminals?
- Who should pay the burden for investigating, apprehending, prosecuting, convicting, sentencing, and incarcerating terrorists?
- Should Osama Bin Laden have been taken alive?
- What are the due process protection questions in light of the creation of the Department of Homeland Security?
- Should these due process protections matter in the fight against terrorism?
Answer all of the questions listed in each case study.
Incorporate 2 scholarly sources in your original threads, using proper APA formatting.
Submit one thread of 500 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday of the module/week in which the forum is assigned.
Submit at least two replies of 150 words each by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of the same module/week of the forum.
Responding to a classmateâ€™s post requires both the addition of new ideas and analysis. A particular point made by the classmate must be addressed and built upon by your analysis in order
to move the conversation forward. Thus, the response post is a rigorous assignment that requires you to build upon initial posts to develop deeper and more thorough discussion of the ideas introduced in the initial posts. As such, reply posts that merely affirm, restate or unprofessionally quarrel with the previous post(s) and fail to make a valuable, substantive contribution to the discussion will receive appropriate point deductions