entrepreneurship can take many forms from enterprises which are totally
dedicated to benefiting society to those which have as part of their
mission to do business in a socially responsible manner. In all cases,
creating social benefits has been part of their initial mission and
vision, not a corporate value which was added later because it was “good
for business.” Entrepreneurs who focus on social issues have to meet
the same challenges as any entrepreneurs but also have some unique
an enterprise which was developed under the umbrella of social
entrepreneurship. Examples of such enterprises include Edutopia,
Everlane, TOMS Shoes, Grameen Bank, Seventh Generation, Safe Point
Trust, One Acre Fund, and Teach For America. You may use any of these or
find your own.
a paper of approximately two pages in which you analyze the
organization and its founder, responding to the following questions:
- How did the founder(s) identify a need for their enterprise?
- What are the vision and mission of the enterprise?
- What skills and personal characteristics did the founder(s) bring to the enterprise?
- What challenges has the enterprise faced/still faces?
- How successful has the organization been in fulfilling its vision and mission and why?
Include a minimum of two sources,